Monday, March 1, 2010

Done... I think.

I think I am finally done searching for a job... because I just accepted a job in the position where I want to work for good!
I am soon going to be the Communications Assistant for the Community Relations department with Edgecombe County Public Schools underneath the director, Diane LeFiles.
I am so excited because this is what I went to school for. I will be preparing press releases about upcoming events at the schools, updating the website, helping Mrs. LeFiles handle publicity [both good & bad] and preparing public statements and information for the superintendent.
Finally, I will be on the other side of the newspaper.
I appreciate all the people who were praying about this with me, I know that God wanted me to have this position.
When I found out about the position opening, I was actually in the process of accepting a job with The Wilson Times as a reporter, but just as I was telling Josh about being offered the job at the paper I got an email from the automated job alert site at Edge. Co. Schools detailing this job. I know this was God's way of telling me not to accept the job as a reporter, knowing I would continue to search for other options.
I am so glad that my job search is finally over and that I will finally make enough money to help pay bills and have benefits that are actually worth something.

1 comment: