Friday, November 19, 2010

Fashionable Friday: Marvelous 'Maids

You've probably all seen "27 Dresses" by now (if you haven't, you really should) and have therefore witnessed how horrendous bridesmaids dresses can truly be. Lucky for those of us who are honored to call ourselves a bridesmaid or maid/matron of honor, these dresses have come a long way since the 80s and 90s.


My best friend Hope is getting married next Sept. and we recently went to David's Bridal to pick out dresses for the wedding party (and the bride). Luckily, her fiance's sister and I (and of course Hope) agreed on this beautiful dark purple number that will flatter the shapes of all four members of her wedding party:
I think this dress will be great since it is a loose jersey knit under the bust so if I haven't lost all the baby lbs. yet, I'll still be able to wear it.

Here are the other lovely bridesmaids dresses I wore this past year:
Lovely strapless, black, taffeta, tea-length dresses with coordinating sashes for Dana's wedding
Floor length, champagne-colored dress with side gathering and beading for Carla's
And my personal favorite, navy, cotton poplin, strapless short dress with pockets for LP's
Here are some other bridesmaid dresses I wouldn't mind wearing....

From David's Bridal
 
 



 








 
From J. Crew










2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful all my friends picked out beautiful dresses. One even made sure it was a formal look so we could use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knee-length "Y neck" brown dress from David's Bridal was my bridesmaid dress for my wedding. It was in navy, though. I thought it was super cute!

    ReplyDelete