Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rock me like a hurricane..

Well, in the past week we have had an earthquake, hurricane then a tornado. I keep waiting for Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhaal to run down my street in snow suits (in case you don't get this reference, you need to watch "Day After Tomorrow").

Hurricane Irene left Edgecombe County in a mess with most of us without power so I haven't been able to post any pictures or anything else from the bachelorette party this past weekend (which was AWESOME!). So look for that tomorrow. In the mean time, check out these pictures of damage around home.

church right down the road from my house with its steeple knocked over
top of a electric pole snapped off with the transformer attached (via WRAL.com)
flooded right by the stadium at ECU, yes, those are people rowing down the street (via www.reflector.com)
big Oak tree blocking the road to my Mema's House

across the street from my house - giant Pine Tree down
and then to add insult to injury, we got hit with a tornado! My daddy videotaped the giant hailstones that rained down on my parents' house. See the video below.

6 comments:

  1. glad you are all ok!
    weather and mother nature is CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all that, I would have been watching for them too! I'm glad you're ok though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I am glad that y'all are okay!! Irene was certainly quite a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother lives in those apartments right under the bridge! Crazy to see Greenville and Eastern NC under so much water!

    Pirate Nation will still be strong this weekend in Charlotte! Arrrgghhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sad :( I looked at the campus damage on wral's website and it's terrible...I guess on the bright side things could have been a lot worse. Glad y'all are all ok!

    ReplyDelete