Wednesday, January 4, 2012

belated Christmas post

Yes, I do realize I am a little behind on the times since it is Jan. 3 and I am just getting around to posting about our wonderful Christmas.

This Christmas was extra special because it was Sawyer's first! It was, of course, crazy as usual with running around from family to family to make sure everyone got equal amounts of time with us, but fun nonetheless.

Christmas Eve was spent at the Wallace gathering at Josh's Aunt Becky's and was a good time as usual. I only got a few pics there since I was too busy stuffing my face with seafood boil and other yummies.
Josh's cousin Nikki reading the Christmas story
everyone else listening to the Christmas story while my son attempts to unwrap a gift
We started Christmas morning at our house this year, which was great since it gave Sawyer time to play with all his presents from Santa before church.

Sawyer's Santa loot 
close-up of the ball tent and tunnel thing (there are a bout 12 more pieces that wouldn't fit in his room)


crawling through his tunnel
Then after church we ventured to my parent's house to open gifts there where Sawyer was introduced to tissue paper and was ALL about it.


he doesn't discriminate, he puts EVERYTHING he can get his hands on into his mouth
Sawyer helping Daddy open his weird running shoes (Fibrum Five-Finger)
Me, Mama & Dee
Me opening gifts
Following mama and daddy's we traveled to my Mema's house...
Aunt Pam, Mema & Mama

all the grandkids (and great-grandson) & Mema
Mema & Sawyer
The Harrell/Edmondson clan
... then went to Josh's grandparent's house to open all the gifts from his grandparents and his parents. Needless to say, I was so busy opening my and Sawyer's presents that I didn't get to take any pictures there.

Tomorrow I will run down all the fun stuff we got for Christmas this year, though I must say that Sawyer definitely racked up the most.

7 comments:

  1. omg he is probably the cutest little elf ever!! glad you guys had a good first christmas with Sawbug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawyer makes the most adorble elf I have seen!! I hope you have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 1st Christmas is so much fun, and next year will be even better! Isn't it awesome seeing Christmas through a child's eyes? So glad you had a great holiday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Sawyer is TOO cute! I'm glad y'all had such a great 1st christmas with him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like y'all had a great Christmas..love all the pictures!! and your red pants are adorable!

    ReplyDelete