Thursday, January 12, 2012

NYE at Grove Park Inn (Conclusion)

We spent the last day of our four-day trip to Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC at the Spa. You aren't allowed to take pictures or even use your cell phones inside the Spa so all the interior shots were taken from the Grove Park Inn website.

exterior of the Spa
Since we weren't staying on the Club level, we did not have access to the Spa, but by purchasing a day pass we were able to enjoy all the amenities it had to offer.

Originally, we planned on getting a couples massage and booked one. But once we got back to the room and realized all the other things we could do for $450 that didn't just last an hour, we canceled. 

At the Spa, there are separate areas for males and females, but both can enjoy the two interior pools and two hot tubs with therapeutic water falls then one exterior hot pool. Josh and I ventured downstairs around 10 a.m and after our tour where we were equipped with robes and sandals, we met up in the common area to swim and enjoy the hot tubs. After we floated around for awhile we decided to go enjoy the gender-specific areas for an hour or so. 

via

I LOVED the steam room. I sadly had a nasty sinus infection/bronchitis while I was there and the eucalyptus-enhanced steam did amazing things for my poor nose and face. I attempted to enjoy the dry sauna too but it was just too much for me. I think my favorite part of the steam room was that I was by myself and I used that time to just relax and pray and BREATHE. 
all the medicines on my side of the counter - I am sure that our housekeeper thought I was a drug addict.
There were also peppermint oil wash cloths on ice for you to enjoy when you climb out of the saunas which were divine.

After enjoying the steam room I went to the contrast pool. In the contrast pool you stay in the super hot larger pool for 5 minutes then immediately plunge into the super cold area for 1 minute. It was exhilarating to say the least and my heart felt all kinds of weird when I got out.

Josh and I met back up and grabbed some lunch at the Spa Cafe (I highly recommend both the Turkey Wrap and the Baby Spinach Salad)
the Spa Cafe
via
We then decided to look around the hotel some more so that we could return later and enjoy the Spa at night. You see, the glass top ceiling is lovely, but things were almost too bright to feel cozy during the day, and the weather was almost warm so I didn't really want to enjoy the hot outdoor pool and fire when the sun was out. 

The National Gingerbread House Competition winners were still on display throughout the hotel so Josh and I went around checking out our favorites and 
via
2011 Grand Prize winner
via
the Bible
A gingerbread carousel horse!
We also walked around to check out all the amazing themed Christmas trees. There were tons! But I really liked the Peacock one the best.

We went to dinner at the Blue Ridge Dining Room again and then went back to the room to change back into our bathing suits before hitting the Spa for one last time.
outdoor pool at night. amazing.
The outdoor pool at night was absolutely wonderful. The hot water in contrast to the cold air and the fire in giant stone fireplace made me feel... magical really. The interior pools also felt more intimate and cozy during the night since it was darker and the little twinkling lights on the ceiling were visible.

I went inside to shower and enjoy their complimentary shampoo, body wash, conditioner, and any other thing you could want to shower and get ready afterwards with. Then I went and sat in the "quiet lounge" to relax before heading back upstairs to our room.
via
This New Year's is the best I've enjoyed to date. We had such a relaxing stay and enjoyed just being together. This is the first trip we've taken by ourselves since our honeymoon in 2009 and it was the BEST trip I've taken since our honeymoon too.


*I wasn't compensated by Grove Park Inn for these posts, these are all my personal opinions

No comments:

Post a Comment