Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh How Pinteresting

I am so, so, so very sick. Apparently my body just hates me.

But, I had to return to the land of the living today since the stack of work on my desk is taller than a second grader, so here I am.

To make myself feel a little better, I am linking up with Michelle @ The Vintage Apple for "Oh How Pinteresting".



While I was home trying to recover from this vicious sub-acute thyroiditis crap I began making my packing list for European trip... okay I may have already made one, and this was just a more organized version (ya'll know me and my OCD-ness).

In doing so, I realized I have a hard time remembering what kind of jewelry I own because it is ALL OVER the place in my house.

I feel like I would wear my ALL jewelry more (instead of the same pieces over and over again) if I could actually SEE it all in one location. So, I took to Pinterest for some inspiration.

love the idea of using burlap canvases to display jewelry, especially since it will be only two holes in the wall holding up each canvas versus a BILLION holes holding up each piece of jewelry
via
if I were to go the route of burlap canvases,  I like the idea of doing them in big rectangles around a corner , as pictured here

However, I have a TON of earrings, so I think I need a seperate organizer for them alone such as this precious little bird cage-esque holder from Urban Outfitters, if only I could find it somewhere cheaper than $32 

via
I also like the idea of a peg-board wall with knobs and such such holding my stuff in place, but I think I'd need to paint it to match the wall, or an accent color 
via
This cute idea of framing jewelry is all over Pinterest , but I especially  like the idea of putting chicken wire or fabric colored foam in the frame to hang your jewelry on 
via

Currently, here is how all my stuff is "stored" (and I use that term very loosely)...

some earrings shoved in little boxes
some on my Mema's antique earring holder
those earring boxes thrown in this drawer with a few of my necklaces and bracelets
bracelets and big bead necklaces in this little organizer in my dresser...
... but much harder to see when inside the drawer 
several necklaces hidden behind the door on the wall in the guest room (husband is not happy about all those holes from thumb-tacks, trust me).
a few watches and bangles in a tray on my dresser
How do you store your jewelry?

3 comments:

  1. Love the burlap canvas idea! I need to get to organizing ASAP! Great Pinning, my friend!
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the burlap canvas idea! I don't have a lot of jewelry. Weirdly, it's not my favorite accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a jewelry draw in my dresser it is only one small one so I have started putting stuff in another small one and I have a small jewelry box. I want to find something too that would have it all in one place.

    ReplyDelete