Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Big Plans for Friday

... sadly it's nothing super exciting like rollercoasting (yep turned that into a verb) at Kings Dominion again or shopping in Raleigh - instead it's something that NEEDS to be done... some house cleaning & updating.

I'll be doing the regular ole vacuum, dust and laundry stuff but also some major things such as....

1. Fixing the nasty tile grout with help from this little recipe I found on Pinterest.
apparently vinegar, warm water, baking soda and ammonia is the magical  potion
via
as you can see, we have a TON of little tiny tile (apparently it was a big thing in the 50s) which means a bunch of grout
2. Then, (with a LOT of help from Papa) making this shelf to go over our bed, we are in dire need of something since we don't have a headboard. 
via
Currently our area over our bed is just too naked


3. I also plan on making the cute little "no-sew bunting" that Ruthie has on her blog (read here).
Ruthie's bunting is just too cute.
I plan on using them in our dining room because I feel like the windows are too naked. Now I just need to find some fabric to match.
I am thinking some different patterns with turquoise, green and pink, and maybe some gray to pull in teh gray from the fireplace. 

4. Lastly, (if I have time) I really want to make a "floor cloth" for the kitchen out of a tablecloth using this tutorial I found at Design Share.
just a tablecloth and some polyurethane 
I had been saying I was going to make a rug out of those little puzzle-piece play mat things for kids like I said here, but I'd much rather do it an easier way with a design already established instead of having to paint one myself (yes, that is just a little lazy).

So, today i will make a list of supplies, tomorrow I will purchase said supplies after work then Friday... it is ON.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these ideas!!! I can't wait to see your finished products. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things! good luck ... oh and I love your bedding!

    ReplyDelete