Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blogger 411: the girl at the keyboard


I am linking up with From Mrs. to Mama for Blogger 411.


I am Lauren, an almost-25-year-old North Carolinian.
excuse the mirror pic (taken at work), I just realized I have NO solo pictures of myself.
I'm a proud East Carolina University graduate and Pirate football fan....
typical Saturday in Sept-Dec.
it isn't tailgating unless there's flip-cup.


....but I become a trader during basketball season when I cheer for the University of North Carolina TAR HEELS. 

I started dating this cool kid named Josh in 2005 and we were married on June 13, 2009. We also re-modeled my great-grandmother's home to make it our own that year too.


my favorite wedding pic
...another  favorite
Note the knee brace in that above picture? I got to break in Joshua as a husband really quick since I had knee surgery (thanks to moving heavy furniture by myself like a stubborn girl) two months after our wedding and was on crutches for three months. I had the joy of limping down the aisle with a knee brace and lots of Vicodin in my system :)

I'm a ginger and the mother of a precious 17-month-old baby boy, Sawyer (who is also a ginger, but becoming more of a strawberry-blonde-r) who was born Feb. 10, 2011
Sawyer



I am christian and proud to call Webbs Chapel Baptist Church my home. My entire family attends, and grew up there. I was dedicated, raised, baptized and married there then Sawyer was dedicated there.

As my header says, I have quite the expensive taste (mainly centered around Lilly Pulitzer and similar preppy fashions)... without the funds to support it since I work for a school system, the system that not only Joshua & I graduated, but also both sets of our parents.

I am not a teacher (man do I admire ya'll though), I am the public relations/communications coordinator for the system, and also the webmaster... oh and the graphic designer.. oh yeah and the fundraising coordinator, and I also design our marketing materials (a Jane of all trades if you will).

I am from a minuscule town in eastern North Carolina. Seriously, we have to drive 20 minutes to go to BoJangles and at least 30 to 40 for a good restaurant or to see a movie. But I am proud to have grown up here and raise my family in the shadows of pine trees and southern grace.

I started this blog back in August 2009, but didn't really start blogging for real until like Oct. 2009, in fact I didn't receive my first legit comment from another blogger until July 2010 when I wrote a post about how I sort of stalk my husband's beautiful ex-girlfriend Laura and how she is amazingly beautiful & talented, guess who the comment was from... Laura herself.


Now for a few questions:

Where have you traveled?
Oh man, I actually just returned from a great trip to Rome, Florence & Paris (even if my foot was in a boot since I badly, badly sprained my ankle) - best part? It was FREE read about here


But I've also been to most of the Caribbean (St. Lucia, St. Maarten, Barbados, etc.) and I had the pleasure of visiting San Antonio, Texas last year for a conference too.


What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?


I am not a wine or beer drinker - but I do enjoy a cocktail. Especially around football season. I ADORE Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka but Malibu Rum is a close favorite. On a regular occasion I enjoy Pepsi and water too (the water is a force-fed kind of thing).


What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

I love movies and I adore reading. I couldn't tell you a favorite movie for the life of me, because there are WAY too many that I love, same goes for books. But I do read The Great Gatbsy every year on my birthday (I am fairly certain I was supposed to be born in the Roaring 20s).



If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Monkees boutique. Seriously, the only thing it is lacking is Lilly.



What day would you love to relive again?
My wedding day, that may sound pretty cliche, but I really don't remember most of it. I wish I had savored the moment more AND I wish I had taken less pain medicine for my knee.


Show us a picture from high school or college.
Oh dear, here is one from high school of our soccer team. We never won a single game my senior year, in fact we didn't even score a goal. But we had an amazing time singing songs on the bus and other cool gangsta stuff. 
we're hard core.
And another from my senior prom with Mr. Edmondson.

And some from college, the first is a camping trip on Carolina Beach when I was at UNC-Wilmington my freshman year - this is the occasion when I discovered my SUV was NOT 4-wheel drive... the hard way.

and THIS one, from a Christmas Costume Party we went to (as you can see, Joshua isn't much for dressing up) where I was a Christmas present.


Basically, I am just your average southern blogger, I use my blog as a sounding board and somewhere to vent (sometimes). I blog about random musings and usually participate in The Nail Files link-up with Fabulous but Evil and Oh How Pinteresting with The Vintage Apple

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun to learn all this about you! Especially fun to meet a "local" girl. Well, I live in VA, so we're practically neighbors, right?! :-) Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun to "meet" you! Little Sawyer is adorable ... while neither of us are true red heads - just red tints to our hair, my grandmother is so I think we'll probably have a red head eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, check out http://homedecorito.com for similiar samples

    ReplyDelete