Thursday, July 5, 2012

storm update and prayer requests

Remember that nasty storm that I talked about on Monday?

Well, not only did it kill my best friend Hope's dog, it also condemned her parents' house. The home she grew up in and where I spent many a night in high school. 

The giant oak tree that fell on the garage/bonus room/kitchen and dining room area rocked the house off its foundation and caused a tremendous amount of damage - here are some pictures of the house after the tree was removed...


that is right beside Hope's bedroom in the bonus room 



as you can see, they were right in the middle of adding a sun room to the back of the house...

Please be in prayer for Hope and her family as they say goodbye to their home.

The aftermath of the storm also claimed a life right behind my parent's house Monday.

My cousin Rebecca's husband owns a landscaping business and had a crew at the country club cleaning up the golf course. Mama got a phone call at work asking permission for the rescue squad to drive through her backyard to get access to the course to pick up one of the crew members, David Bottoms, who had been killed by a fallen tree. Please be praying for his family as well.

6 comments:

  1. That is so awful!!! It breaks my heart to hear that but it's a relief that the FAMILY is all safe and sound. So sad about the other man near your parent's house. I hate how a silly storm can change so many lives! :( Thinking of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Thinking of you all during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so aweful! They are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely heartbreaking!! I am so sorry, they are in my prayers xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's terrible. I'm so sorry for your friend and her family.

    ReplyDelete