Tuesday, September 4, 2012

NEWS - nope, not a baby.

We have exciting news... and no we are not expecting.

My amazing husband has been promoted to Planning Director for a local town government.

who has two thumbs and a new title? This guy.  
I am so exceptionally proud of him and I know he will do an amazing job, we are so relieved because the promotion will definitely help with some financial struggles as well.

However, the news comes with some extra news as well… of the bittersweet variety…

We also have to move so we live in the town’s city limits.

And we have to do it in 6 months.

The problem isn’t the location since it is only about 20 minutes from our current house in the country – the problem is that we’ll have to sell our home.

The home that we poured our heart and soul into to remodel. (read about those adventures here – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7)

The home I kind of sacrificed a knee for.

And the home that once belonged to my amazing great-grandmother, Mammy.

While I am so excited at the possibility of getting to design new rooms in whatever house we end upbuying, and even more exciting about upgrading to a home with a dishwasher and more storage space (not to mention play space for Sawbug) – I am so torn over selling the first home I’ve owned, the house that I spent my first night in as a married couple, and the place I brought my sweet baby boy into for the first time.

I am also worried about selling it. I hope we can just find someone we know who is looking a good house to buy, because the thought of having to list it and sell it to strangers hurts my heart (and head).

However, I know God will provide a way and I am just hope that someone out there will see potential in our home and our little town.

Please be praying for Josh and me as we start this new journey! 

6 comments:

  1. That's so exciting, congrats to your hubby!!! Don't stress too much. It looks like a great house and I'm sure whoever buys it will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! hope moving/selling your house isn't too stressful! sounds like this job will bring great opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your husband!!! I hope you get everything settled as soon as possible!! PS. I'd love it if you could come visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny that you had to lead with the "not expecting" disclaimer. I always have to do that too. Nonetheless very exciting news! Congratulations! Prayers for peace as you figure out all of the next steps...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on hubby's promotion. I know it will be hard to leave such a wonderful home. I hope someone you know is willing to buy it.

    ReplyDelete