Monday, September 10, 2012

SOLD (aka blessed beyond measure)

Can anyone spot the difference in these two photos?

If you said, "Hey, the hideous 'For Sale By Owner' sign is gone", you are RIGHT!

We sold our house.

Yes, the house that we put a sign in front of on Monday.

And I can't stop praising God for it.

I posted last week that my husband has been promoted to Planning Director which means we have to move within the city limits of the town he'll be serving - so my great-grandma's home that we remodeled and put so much love in has to be sold.

Josh and I thought hard about listing the house with an agent but decided we'd try selling it the small town way first - word of mouth, and of course Facebook.

We had a few people ask questions about it, but didn't really get a real response until Friday afternoon at 2 p.m. I received a message from a young lady whose (try to follow me here now) brother is engaged to our down-the-street-neighbor's daughter. She and her husband were right in the middle of signing an offer for another home that was for sale in Macclesfield when she heard ours was for sale.

At 2:00 p.m. she asked if she could come that evening at 7 p.m. to take a look at the house.

My first thought was NNOOOOO my house is an absolute wreck!. But my girl understood, because she and her husband have a 3 year old and she said she would certainly not care if it wasn't void of all messes. So I told her to come on over.

(Of course, me being the neat-freak that I am, begged my mother-in-law to go vacuum the place real quick to at least get rid of all the Sookie hair every where)

Well, they came and saw the house, then they came again Saturday night.

Then, at 11 p.m. Saturday night she called me and said, "We want you to take the sign out of your yard, because we want to buy your house." Of course I was in tears, but held it together long enough to say "absolutely."

She went on to tell me that her and her husband had been debating between the other house they were looking at and ours, but kept going back to the fact that my great-uncle Boots built the house for his mother so it was obviously built soundly (who would build a bad house for their mama?) and they loved the history behind it.

After I got off the phone I immediately thanked God, because this was all his doing and his timing was more than perfect. I just feel so incredibly blessed and thankful that it all worked out.

Now we just have to get our booties in gear, get some paperwork signed and buy ourselves a place!!

Thank you for all the prayers and sweet messages, we are so, so happy!

6 comments:

  1. Shut the front door!! OMG Woman I'm sooo happy for y'all!!! Someone was definitely on your side with that one ;) It was meant to be!!! Now, house hunting. And that's such a blast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    So happy for you. AND....so proud of your writing abilities. I guess Writing Workshop in second grade paid off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! With the housing market the way it is right now, to sell your house in less than a week is beyond incredible! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing wonderful news! I am so happy it worked out for y'all.

    ReplyDelete