Monday, October 29, 2012

summer concerts

to me, there is nothing much better than spending a summer night on a crowded lawn surrounded by thousands of strangers all singing the same words and dancing to the same music at an outdoor country concert.

some of my favorite memories are from country concerts at Time Warner Cable Pavilion at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.

via
To me, it isn't about being close to the stage, it's about the atmosphere of making your own spot on the lawn where you have plenty of room to dance, spread out and make new friends.
a sea of grass, blankets and beach chairs
and it's even better when the lights go down
I have seen Kenny Chesney (a few times), Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson and Zac Brown Band at the Creek, but my favorite was Alan Jackson back in 2005... (ps I also saw NSync there twice when I was little, what what)

I went with my friends Elizabeth, Lindsey, Kat and Hope to see Mr. Jackson and the weather was absolutely horrible - mud, rain, wind, cold, we had it all. We weren't dressed in our usual sundresses or cute tops and pants - instead we donned our high school soccer hoodies or ECU hoodies with shoes we didn't mind getting a little muddy and even some baseball hats.

(thanks Hopey for digging up this picture)
It was still the absolute best one though since we didn't care how we looked, we danced in the rain, left our big blanket behind in the mud and sang at the top of our lungs to some songs that were older than us, but still amazing.

Kenny Chesney
Hopey & Me 2005 - yes I am wearing a cowboy hat
Hopey & Me 2012
Zac Brown

Concerts on the lawn are like tailgating but with more music and less football (or coolers).

What is the best concert you've ever attended? Do you have an outdoor amphitheater that you love in your state?

1 comment:

  1. Lauren!!!! My fellow Pirate. So glad to have stumbled on to your blog. I have had some great times at Walnut Creek as well!

    ReplyDelete