Thursday, December 20, 2012

Saw it, Pinned it, Did it #5

I'm linking up with Katie @ Keep Calm & Carry On and Steph @ Beautiful Mess for another "Saw it, Pinned it, Did it"!


And for once my post is not about a DIY project for my house :)

I saw these delicious kabobs over at "My Own Road" and knew immediately I had to make them for our Tailgate Christmas Party (post on that to come tomorrow). I mean, they combine my three favorite things, sweet fruits, angel food cake and chocolate. Not to mention that everything usually tastes better on a stick (true story).


I also changed it up a little by adding some blueberries...

Ingredients:

Strawberries
Blueberries
Angel food cake
Kabob sticks
Chocolate syrup (optional)


1) Prep your strawberries and angel food cake by cutting the cake into hunks and de-stemming the berries. 

2) Slide your kabob stick (or lollipop stick if your Walmart is stupid like mine and doesn't have kabob sticks!) through your fruit and cake in a pretty pattern. 

The next step should be "drizzle with chocolate syrup", but since I was already serving a chocolate fondue at this particular party, I decided to leave off the chocolate.

3) Serve and enjoy!

Go link up with those two lovely ladies with your latest Pinterest-inspired craft, recipe or outfit!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm! I was just thinking while looking at your pictures how I haven't had strawberries in FOREVER. I miss them. need some. This looks delish!


    thanks for linking up lady and have a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete