Thursday, January 17, 2013

Saw it, Pinned it, Did it #6

I am linking up with Katie at Keep Calm & Carry On  and Steph at Beautiful Mess for "Saw it, Pinned it, Did it"!


I may have already decorated for Valentine's Day. Basically because I couldn't think of another way to fill up the empty space on my front porch and door after taking all our Christmas stuff down and it just looked too naked

So, I decided to try and make a tulle wreath like one I saw at "Something to Do". Instead of using a very holiday-specific color like pink or red, I decided to use white so that I can just add and subtract things from the wreath for different holidays like St. Patty's Day and Easter. 

Their Version:
via
My version:

A roll of tulle
Valentine's Day ribbon
wreath form
heart garland
"LOVE" banner or letters

1) Cut several strips of tulle and start tying them around your form. I looped my strips of tulle twice around the form before tying a double knot. Make sure you tie them close together so there are no gaps. This will take awhile, so you should get comfy grab a glass of wine water and watch guilty pleasure TV like "Amish Mafia" or "Pretty Little Liars". 

...and after two episodes of PLL on our DVR and eating a whole thing of Sour Patch Kids...

2.) Wrap your heart garland, or hot glue hearts to your wreath. I chose to just wrap the garland around so that the tulle didn't get damaged, This way I can add some four-leaf clovers or Easter eggs when the next holidays roll around!

3.) Using Valentine's Day ribbon, I threaded sparkly letters to spell "LOVE" into the center of the wreath since the opening was so large in the middle (the biggest wreath form was on sale haha). 

4.) Hang it on your front door!

(not pictured: the pink glitter that is no all over my counter tops and couch... oops)



4 comments:

  1. What a good idea! Andre' would kill me if I made yet another holiday-specific wreath to take up even more space 11 months of the year. This is the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously SO CUTE. Good job!! :)

    ReplyDelete