Thursday, March 7, 2013

Almond, Grape, Chicken Salad

I decided last Saturday that I wanted to make something I could enjoy every day as a light lunch and settled on a chicken salad recipe I found on "A Little Tipsy" and had pinned for when I had time to actually make a chicken salad.
via "A Little Tipsy"
2 Cups Red Grapes
3 Chicken Breasts
3/4 Cup Mayo
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds

(her recipe called for celery & onions.. I like neither of those things)
I also added the following things to the recipe:
1/2 c. sour cream
2 tsp. lemon juice

1.) Boil 3 chicken breasts, while breasts are boiling, preheat oven to 350 degrees and roast the slivered almonds for 5 minutes

2.) Shred or cube chicken. I had also seen on Pinterest that you could shred chicken with a KitchenAid mixer, so I decided to shred mine and it was magical. So easy to just throw the hot chicken breasts into the mixer, attach the big paddle thing and let 'er rip.




3.) Combine mayo, ginger, sour cream, lemon juice and salt in one bowl and mix. 

4.) Combine grapes and almonds in another bowl then add in chicken and mayo mix. 



5.) ENJOY! I ate on this for like a week for lunch every day!

1 comment:

  1. My mom always adds grapes to her chicken salad and it's the yummiest EVER. Thanks for sharing this, I've really been looking for a good recipe. Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete