Tuesday, June 25, 2013

big decisions and a new job.

I am making a career change

I turned in my notice at work a few weeks ago and agreed to stay on to launch the district’s new website, but come July I will no longer be with the school system, nor will I even be a Communications & Community Relations Coordinator.

After a lot of thought, prayer and worry – Josh and I decided that it would be the best for our family, my health and our life in general if I left the district and took advantage of an opportunity that God placed in our laps.

So, where am I going?

DuckRabbit Brewery, a local brewery that has been established for around 10 years and has beer in 7 states.

via
via
Not to be official taste-tester (how awesome would that be) or  a brewer, but to re-organize their office, help the owner (who I knew in my previous life as a reporter) with filing, shipping, receiving, website stuff, payroll, and just about everything he needs done in the office.  I also plan on finally going back to school to get my master’s online since my position hours will be 7a-3p. My alma mater, East Carolina University, has a great online grad program in English and Professional Communications and I plan on attempting to start the program in the Spring.

It’s going to be different.



I won’t have late night meetings or events and I won’t have to do the schmoozing and hob-knobbing that being a communications professional requires, but my new position will have its challenges as well. I will have to flex my math skills a little more and get used to working in an un-airconditioned space (since the office is part of the warehouse/brewery). I will however be wearing a more casual wardrobe in my new position (I forsee lots of monogrammed t-shirts and skinnies).

I am very excited about this new adventure and look forward to not being “on call” constantly and being tied to a cell phone/laptop on vacations, weekends and evenings. So, please be praying with me and my family as we start this next step. 


9 comments:

  1. congrats! Maybe some free beer too~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!! This sounds like the perfect thing for you, and I love the wardrobe change :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an awesome opportunity!! So much more time with your two men!! Yay! Praying for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Have fun at Duck Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun. I know you will do great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! And although you won't be the "official" taste tester, I suspect you might be able to get a few cases that "fell off the truck" every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO SO SO excited for you Lauren!!!

    ReplyDelete