Friday, June 14, 2013

no worries, no problem

Today, as I sat stuck in traffic (or well, our version of traffic in Tarboro which is a stoplight with more than 10 cars waiting) due to a closed left turn lane I realized that four years ago at this time I was on a flight bound for St. Lucia. And then I almost cried.



What would I give to be back at the Sandals Regency La Toc for a week enjoying fine dining, beaches with no screaming children, exciting excursions and a giant bed for just me and Josh (no wiggly Sawyer, his blankey and three stuffed animals). In St. Lucia, any time we'd tell someone at the resort "thank you" for something like bringing our food or holding a door for us, they'd say "no worries, no problem". What a way to live.

via

On our honeymoon we enjoyed Japanese, British, Italian, French, Caribbean and several other different kinds of cuisines. We ate until we couldn't to make sure we got our money's worth since it was all inclusive!
Josh and me at the "La Toc" the french restaurant
The Pavilion, which had a buffet for breakfast and lunch then you could come in and order things for supper while enjoying the shows, loved that it was indoors and outdoors
Josh and I before eating at Kimonos
Josh enjoying a drink at the Arizona Grill, which had food ALL the time.
Josh even surprised me one night with a moon-lit dinner on the beach, just the two of us with our own personal waiter.
our table with out little menus
in our private cabana :)
We did several excursions including a horse-back trail ride that ended with a beach barbecue (that sadly my stomach did NOT agree with), zip-lining through the rain-forest and a Land and Sea Adventure where we toured botanical gardens, explored the Piton mountains and the sulfur spring and enjoyed snorkeling off the catamaran.
ziplining
horse-back riding (this was before my stomach rebelled against the unusual food)

silly snorkelers, my mask was WAY too big
In front of the Sulfur springs (stinky, stinky)
The resort also had plenty of fun activities, every night there was an amazing show that we could listen to from outside by the pool or at a table inside and they had water equipment to rent too.

enjoying a fire show one night
listening to the steel drums, sitting pool side.
 Josh and I also splurged on an absolutely mind-blowing massage package called the "Scrub-A-Dub-Rub" where we got a couples massage accompanied by an exfoliation that ended with a dip in an amazing bubble and flower filled jacuzzi. 

It was so amazing, even if I was rocking my knee brace. 
note the knee brace, so sexy.
Since 2009 we've taken exactly two trips by ourselves that lasted more than two nights - one to Grove Park Inn for New Year's Eve 2011 (read here, here & here) and one to Durham for the Food Truck Rodeo (read here and here). Any other vacays have been with our families (since those are usually the only kinds we can afford). However, I realize how blessed we are to take vacations at all, though I will admit that I secretly dream of selling every thing I own and running off with our family to an island - Sawyer would be a precious little beach bum baby, don't you think?



1 comment:

  1. Looks like an amazing location for a honeymoon! Also, I somehow missed that you are from Tarboro. I have family in Wilson, NC. When I visited last summer, they took me to an amazing restaurant in Tarboro called On the Square (I think that's what it was called). It was so good, and such a cute place!

    ReplyDelete