We had our first Pirate home game in three weeks on Saturday and sadly it started at 12 noon so that meant we only had a little over 3 hours to tailgate (since Josh likes to get inside the stadium at least 45 min before the game starts).
However, the earlier game also meant I got to make one of my favorite (and easiest) breakfast recipes, the Cheesy Sausage Crescent Casserole. Of which I have a horrible picture since I snapped it at 6:30am and also because I didn't get a "completed" picture because we ate it all before I could.
All you need is:
1 lb. of sausage
2 packets of crescent rolls
1. Preheat your oven to 375
2. Brown your sausage, sprinkling in some sage & mustard as you cook it
3. Roll out one of your crescent roll packages, DO NOT separate the crescents, leave it as one big sheet and kind of "smoosh" the edges where the triangles are grown so that it stays one big sheet
4. Cover the crescent roll with a layer of cheese & the sausage
5. Add another layer of cheese and place the second crescent roll sheet on top (repeating the "smooshing" of the triangle edges)
6. Press together the edges of the two crescent roll sheets to keep the cheese and sausage inside
7. Bake in the oven until the top crescent roll starts to brown (about 18 minutes)
Here are some pictures from the tailgate (that you already saw if you follow me on instagram)
|terribly blurry, but it's so hard to get a "normal" picture of Josh|
We slaughtered the University of Southern Mississippi 55 to 14 (mind you, those 14 points were scored on our 4th string defense) so the game itself wasn't as exciting as a nail-biter game (but much more relaxed).
How was your weekend?