Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Goals

Every year, I write a post about what my BIG GOALS for the year are going to be as part of my new year's resolutions. They always include things like lose a billion pounds or read the entire bible in a year. And guess what? I never succeed.

So, this year I am making myself monthly goals that will change, be added to or maybe just remain the same each month (whatever strikes my fancy come the end of the previous month).




1. Refill my water three times
That may sound strange, but I do not drink anywhere near enough water now that I am not sweating to death at the brewery (I drank 4 Bubba Keg's full of water a day there). So in January I want to drink enough that I have to refill it 3 times!

2. No bagels from downstairs
Pure and simple, stop eating a toasted plain bagel with strawberry cream cheese from the restaurant downstairs at work. Just stop.

3. Take the stairs every morning.
This is going to be a big change. I work on the third floor of my building and there are two flights of stairs between each floor and I wear a lot of heels. But, if I can start out at least going up the stairs in the mornings every day and then eventually use them in the afternoons too, I will feel much less lazy.

4. TWO cups of coffee
This is a must do. I drink around 4 to 5 cups of coffee a day and it has to stop. My blood pressure has been too high and it is just too much caffeine for someone already so high strung. So for January, I am going to slowly ween myself from so much coffee by drinking only two in the mornings.

5. Do my daily devotion in the mornings
I have a habit of waiting until right before I go to bed to do my devotion and it usually ends in my falling asleep before I can either finish the devotion or pray (I blame the devil). So, I am going to start doing them in the mornings so I start my day on a positive note. Side note: David Jeremiah has a great free daily devotional that is delivered by email you can sign up for it here

6. Go to the gym 4 days a week
Starting out small here with no set YOU MUST LOSE 3 LBS BY TOMORROW goal. I want to drag my butt to the rec at least 4 days out of the week. Getting myself there is my goal for now.

Here's to making 2014 a year full of accomplishments!


3 comments:

  1. Great goals! I always struggle with being active at work and drinking enough water especially since it is so cold! I have a bubba keg too and may start using that to chug away on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falling asleep and blaming the devil because you missed you're prayers...glad I'm not the only one!! I also love www.shereadstruth.com.
    Check it out and Happy New Year!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are good goals. I know you can do them.

    ReplyDelete