Friday, May 30, 2014

Five on Friday

I am linking up with Christina at Carolina Charm and some other fab ladies for Five on Friday!


1. Josh and I stayed up and watched the Scripps National Spelling Bee last night and I have never felt more dumb. It actually ended in a tie for the first time in 52 years. I will say that I now feel less weird about "typing" out words with my hands in the air on an imaginary keyboard when I can't remember how they're spelled because I saw one of the contestants do it last night (even though she lost).
via

2. We leave for a week-long vacation in Hilton Head Island, SC tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. My parents, sister, sister's boyfriend, and Mema Dean will all be there with us and I can hardly wait to have an entire week with my family, with no worries, emails to answer, or meetings to attend. We just have to get through the 6 hour drive with Sawyer first...
me and Sawyer during our last trip to HHI
3.  Speaking of vacation, I have been packing, un-packing, and re-packing for the last week because we are taking Josh's Tundra and I had to find ways to make things fit inside of big weather-proof/wind-proof totes that we can throw in the bed of the truck, then decide what bags will have to go in the backseat with Sawyer. Thankfully, I use a note-taking/list-making app called Evernote that syncs with my phone/computer/iPad so if I start a packing list on my computer, I can access it and make changes on my phone or iPad. My method is to break my lists down by items (i.e. Packing for Me, Packing for Sawyer, Toys to Pack, Stuff to bring from Kitchen) so that I am not looking at one super long list. Once I have almost everything packed except those items I need the morning of the trip (chargers, toothbrushes, medicine), I hand-write notes to put on the suitcases with the items that I still need, so I don't forget anything. 

this particular luggage will obviously be in the backseat
4. I have to climb on my soapbox for a second. Mopeds, or as we call them in my neck of the woods, "liquorsicles"  are an abomination. You take a woman/man's license because of numerous DUI's then allow her/him to drive a little moped on the roads at a snail's pace, backing up traffic and creating even more traffic issues. They are a danger to not just the driver of the moped but also the drivers around them. So many people try to pass mopeds in no-passing zones and when cars are coming towards them, it's ridiculous. Mopeds, in my opinion, should be taken off the road or at least the drivers should be required to have insurance for them. And yes I did get behind one that made me 10 minutes late for work today..

via

5. I cannot stop singing this song and I caught Sawyer singing "you know what to do with that big fat butt" the other day in the car, so I should probably stop listening to it with him in the vehicle...



3 comments:

  1. Hahahah whenever he sings that you can be like, see? THAT'S why Daddy married Mommy.

    So jealous of your vaca. I'll be living vicariously through you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the cat MEME to that song? OMG IT'S THE FUNNIEST THING EVER! I wish I could find it and send it to you! I agree with you about mopeds. The kids use them around here (and so does my 60 year old neighbor) to get around the campus. Someone is going to get really hurt one day!

    ReplyDelete