Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sawyer Weekend

On Oct. 11th and 12th, Josh, Sawyer & I are going to celebrate Sawyer Weekend.

With his reign as the only human child in our family coming to an end in November, we decided we needed to have a weekend devoted to just him, especially since he will soon be witnessing a lot of "oohing and ahhing" over a new baby brother in the near future. Two whole days of family time is just he needs, at some fun places just for him.

Our plan is to drive to Raleigh on Saturday, stopping first at Chik Fil'A for lunch (Sawyer's favorite) then hit SkyZone, a new trampoline park that just opened in Raleigh. Sawyer had a blast when his whole daycare went to Defy Gravity (another trampoline park) so we thought he'd have even more fun jumping with Josh, while I watch from the sidelines (jumping this baby out might ruin the weekend).

via
via
After our hour at SkyZone we'll check into our hotel in downtown Raleigh then grab some frozen yogurt (Sawyer's new favorite after discovering it in Hilton Head) and explore downtown before grabbing some dinner.


Sunday morning we'll get up and head to Marbles Kids Museum. I am super excited about this because while I have been to the museum a few times to catch some IMAX movies with my family, I've never actually been inside the exhibits. It is supposed to be awesome, and after looking at their website I feel confident Sawyer is going to adore it (especially the Pet Vet and On the Farm exhibits)

via
The best part? Sawyer has no idea. We plan on waking him up Saturday morning and not telling him anything about the weekend until we're about to leave. I think I am even more excited than he will be.


3 comments:

  1. I want a kid to take to the Marbles museum it looks like a blast! I will be hitting up some froyo this weekend too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky Zone looks awesome! I might be going to a trampoline park on Saturday for my sister's 28th bday. I think it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete