Tuesday, September 2, 2014

the first one.

My pregnant self spent 10 hours in crazy high temperatures on Saturday and I couldn't be happier about it. We tailgated, cheered and celebrated for our first home game against NC Central this weekend, and despite 92 degree temps and 300% humidity (okay, that one might be an exaggeration), we had an absolute blast.


me & Dee
Our tailgate lot opened at 2pm for the 8pm game, so naturally we got there at 12:30 to line up to get in. The girls hung out in the shade while we waited for the staff to let us in and then claimed "our spot" when it got closer to tailgate time. It's funny, our lot (Elmhurst Lot) is the last tailgate lot that doesn't have numbered spots, while you pay to be able to park in the lot, the spots are actually first come first serve. We have the spot that we always park in so we have to go "claim" it fairly early on to avoid any newbies trying to take it.

I supervised several games of Flip Cup and cornhole from my chair and ate all I wanted (because carbs don't count on gameday... just don't tell my OB). I made a kind of hybrid version of the Lucky Rainbow Chex Mix & Confetti Cake Muddy Buddy mix by using the vanilla coating version (including the butter & almond extract and heavy cream) of the confetti cake recipe with the cereal/marshmallow guts of the Lucky Rainbow recipe. Then I also roasted some potatoes & made my favorite fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon tortilla chips. Of course, I also brought a giant bag of grapes because I've been craving those like crazy.





The biggest surprise of the day was the weird looks I got from a TON of people. At first, I thought I was just being paranoid and self-conscious about looking so pregnant (and about my belly button poking out a good inch), but then my friend started noticing too. What, is a pregnant girl supposed to just sit at home and not enjoy tailgating or a football game?

me and our "famous" cousin Kasey (who recently sang with Keith Urban!!)



I was so happy to be back in our stadium, cheering on our team. We had a great game with an AMAZING play that involved our quarterback Sean Carden passing the ball to a running back Breon Allen who then passed it to (my favorite) receiver who threw a 41 yard pass to another receiver, Isaiah Jones for a touchdown. It was unbelievable.



With the score at 38 to 7 at the end of the 3rd quarter, we decided to call it a night (it was 10:30pm and we'd been in the sunshine since 12:30pm, woof). The Pirates won 52 to 7 against Central and our next game is away in Columbia, SC against the University of South Carolina Gamecocks. Josh is making the trip to watch the game and I am super jealous!

4 comments:

  1. Boo the strange looks. Some people are just curious I guess. I would have offered you some ice water and a snack :) It's no fun to be in that heat pregnant or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look SO cute! Glad you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super cute in that dress!! I'm glad you had a great time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I went to a hockey game on my due date and I got a ton of strange looks and comments! Everyone asked me, "Aren't you worried about going in to labor?" What am I supposed to do, hide under a rock?

    ReplyDelete