Monday, October 20, 2014

bangin'

I don't know what to do with my hair... once again. You'll notice that it is in a ponytail of some kind in every bump photo I've posted, that is because it is so long and stringy that it pretty much lacks any style. 

After I had Sawyer, I chopped my hair off (and donated it to Locks of Love) telling myself it would be easier to manage if it was short... I was wrong. Short hair can't be left un-styled and there is no easy ponytail option. I really want to keep my length this time around, but I think I want to try out bangs again. Only different this time.

My junior year of college and shortly after getting married, I had bangs. I bounced back and forth between loving them and hating them and I think it's because I didn't style the rest of my hair to match. 



So, I think now I want the wispy, textured style that would let me have more body and curl to my actual hair too.

via
via
via
Which is also an excuse to get a new straightener for Christmas and learn how to actually give myself those boho/beach-y looking waves.

I am also thinking this hairstyle will have to wait until after I pop out this baby. Bangs plastered to my forehead or sticking straight up in a headband of some kind if not something I want to have to worry about whilst in labor.

2 comments:

  1. I would love the T-Swift bangs on you, you looked so great with them! I give you props though...I've had bangs approx one time and growing them out was so awful I swore I would never do it again. That was in 8th grade though so who knows? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my bangs while I had them (which was about a year) but they were SO MUCH WORK. I am in the process of growing them out now which is even more annoying than the bangs themselves. BUT the flipside is that they are super duper a-dang-dorable on you! AND even if you don't style the rest of your hair (or slick your hair back into a pony) it always looks more intentional and polished with bangs, in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete