Monday, October 27, 2014

Obnoxious October

This month has been obnoxious. I posted back in the beginning of October that posts would be scarce this month because of my insane schedule at work (which included several big events, grad school fairs, open houses, and lots of deadlines) and I didn't realize how true that would be until I saw that I've only posted 5 times since then, yikes.



Thankfully my big events are FINALLY over! I've got a few work deadlines ahead with some articles due and loose ends to tie up before this baby arrives (which is supposed to be Nov. 20, but homie seems to be looking for an early escape), but other than that things are calming down.

While work is calming down, Relay is just now getting started good. We are under-going a LOT of changes in the way Relay for Life is setup so me and my two other event leaders are super stressed trying to meet new requirements and assure our committee is aware.

We are kicking off Relay for Life 2015 TONIGHT with a Halloween-themed celebration. My friend Caroline and I (and my giant belly) are going as Things 1, 2 & 3 so I am pretty excited. We decided against the giant blue wigs that usually go along with being the beloved Dr. Seuss characters and instead I made headbands with blue tulle inspired by this pic I found on google (except we'll be rocking black pants, the red t-shirts and red & white striped socks).
via
Sawyer's last soccer game is tomorrow night (which we admittedly pretty happy about since he seems to hate it so much) and then we have Halloween to look forward to.

Hope you all have a happy Monday!



1 comment:

  1. Dang woman. October has kicked our butts over here too! I love the thing 1 & thing 2 idea!!

    ReplyDelete