![]() |
| me & Dee |
I supervised several games of Flip Cup and cornhole from my chair and ate all I wanted (because carbs don't count on gameday... just don't tell my OB). I made a kind of hybrid version of the Lucky Rainbow Chex Mix & Confetti Cake Muddy Buddy mix by using the vanilla coating version (including the butter & almond extract and heavy cream) of the confetti cake recipe with the cereal/marshmallow guts of the Lucky Rainbow recipe. Then I also roasted some potatoes & made my favorite fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon tortilla chips. Of course, I also brought a giant bag of grapes because I've been craving those like crazy.
The biggest surprise of the day was the weird looks I got from a TON of people. At first, I thought I was just being paranoid and self-conscious about looking so pregnant (and about my belly button poking out a good inch), but then my friend started noticing too. What, is a pregnant girl supposed to just sit at home and not enjoy tailgating or a football game?
![]() |
| me and our "famous" cousin Kasey (who recently sang with Keith Urban!!) |
I was so happy to be back in our stadium, cheering on our team. We had a great game with an AMAZING play that involved our quarterback Sean Carden passing the ball to a running back Breon Allen who then passed it to (my favorite) receiver who threw a 41 yard pass to another receiver, Isaiah Jones for a touchdown. It was unbelievable.
With the score at 38 to 7 at the end of the 3rd quarter, we decided to call it a night (it was 10:30pm and we'd been in the sunshine since 12:30pm, woof). The Pirates won 52 to 7 against Central and our next game is away in Columbia, SC against the University of South Carolina Gamecocks. Josh is making the trip to watch the game and I am super jealous!










Boo the strange looks. Some people are just curious I guess. I would have offered you some ice water and a snack :) It's no fun to be in that heat pregnant or not!
ReplyDeleteYou look SO cute! Glad you had fun! :)
ReplyDeleteYou look super cute in that dress!! I'm glad you had a great time!! :)
ReplyDeleteHa! I went to a hockey game on my due date and I got a ton of strange looks and comments! Everyone asked me, "Aren't you worried about going in to labor?" What am I supposed to do, hide under a rock?
ReplyDelete