Friday, August 15, 2014

Five on Friday

Just realized I haven't posted since Monday, oops. This week flew by with lots of business at work as I re-design all eight of our departmental homepages to have the same cohesive look and designed our dean's retirement reception invitations (then re-designed them like 7 times). So I'm linking up with Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday!

 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

1. My husband's cousin Kasey won a content for the most amazing opportunity to sing on stage with Keith Urban last week during "We Were Us", singing the Miranda Lambert part last Friday and did an absolutely wonderful job. She is such an amazing talent and I am so proud of her! I was even more proud of how my alma mater (and employer), where Kasey is a student, supported her too.

photos (except for the one of her with Keith) by Michelle Messer Photography

We are going tomorrow afternoon to hear her perform at the local peanut festival too.


2. I plan on finally getting to a bunch of nursery projects that have been on the back burner lately. I am making a cute little monogram shadow box thing and hopefully finishing up the nursery curtains!

(only not an "N")
via
sneak peak at the curtains!
3. PinkBlush Maternity had some great prices today that I couldn't resist purchasing two maxi dresses (especially since I have lived in maxi dresses this summer and most of them are too bright and summery to be worn in the fall). I got the burgundy cowl neck maxi for $38 and the gray and navy one for $15!

Burgundy Cowl Neck Maxi

Navy & Gray Color Block Maxi
4. I am obsessed with Iggy Azalea. Her two newer songs, "No Mediocre" with T.I. and "Black Widow" with Rita Ora are on constant repeat and I love her whole story (expect a #wcw-style post on her soon). 


5. I am so pumped for Pirate football season. While I am not wishing the summer away, I am so excited that there are only 15 days between me and Dowdy Ficklen stadium (and Elmhurst tailgate lot). I have already got the menu planned for our first game (which is at 8pm, holllaaaa). 




2 comments:

  1. Oh have mercy that is the COOLEST thing about your husband's cousin!! Entirely too cool! She did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete