Friday, August 22, 2014

Football Friday - Tailgate Recipe Favorites

I am not only excited that our first ECU Pirate Football home game is one week and one day away, but also excited that the Football Friday link-up is back with Erin @ Love, Fun & Football!



My husband and I (along with a lot of our friends) are proud ECU alumni and Pirate Club members so we don't miss a home game (or a close away game if possible). This year's tailgate will be a little different since I will be beginning the season at 28 weeks pregnant and will probably be missing the last two home games with baby number 2 due in November.
our very Pirate-y announcement of our future member of the Pirate Nation.
But it's okay, I've done pregnant tailgating before in 2010 (just not quite as pregnant).

Football season makes me so happy not only because I love cheering on my team but also because it is almost three whole months of guaranteed weekend time with our friends who live about an hour away.


This year, all of Pirate Nation is super pumped because our first home game is at 8pm. This means we get to start tailgating at 2 p.m. (we are only allowed to tailgate 6 hours prior to kick-off/not before 8am in Pirate Club lots because they legit worry for our well being) and get to avoid the horrible heat of a summer mid-afternoon game. This also means more time to eat!

While I might not be looking forward to endless games of flip-cup this season, I am looking forward to all the yumminess that comes along with a good tailgate. Here are a few of my favorite recipes, and a few I can't wait to try!

Sorry for the horrible picture, but it is quite delicious for early morning breakfast tailgates.

(I made mine without the chocolate drizzle to reduce the mess)
via
yes, they are just as good as they sound.
via
When Ashley @ Sweet Carolina Belle posted this recipe I knew I had to try it this upcoming season! I can hardly wait for that chocolate, marshmallow goodness.
via
(we can pretend it's healthy, because "fruit" is in the dish title)
via
I have yet to try this one yet but can you really go wrong with white chocolate, Lucky Charms, Chex Mix, and sprinkles?
via
What's your favorite tailgating recipe?

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I need to make that s'mores layer bar for football games this season! I am not into college football too much, but I do know that a former Ravens player (Vonte Leach) played at ECU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so awesome you are so into your college team. My college didn't have a football team, so I kind of just support whoever I choose on whatever game I'm watching. Your pictures are so fun!

    And all that food, oh my goodness I need all of it RIGHT NOW!

    Stopping by from the linkup, happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm officially hungry- lol! YUM! I love all your pictures and especially loving your 'future pirate' shirt- did you make it? So cute!!! I know our announcement (in the future someday!) will definitely involve Bengals hehe. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that food looks amazing! That's definitely one of my top 2 favorite reasons for tailgating :) Hours of eating - yes please!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, now im hungry. I wish I had a sport I cared this much about, it looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all that good food! Such a fun post :)

    Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the link-up... your tailgate snacks look so yummy! And I love your football-theme pregnancy announcement - so cute :) I have a feeling ours will be similar whenever the time comes down the road... but Hokie themed!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your purple and gold gear! I just found a luck charms rice crispy treat bars that look very similar to the chex mix, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those all look amazing. I love football season because of all the time I get to spend with friends.

    ReplyDelete