Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Then real life began...

I love my husband and I love being married. However, the wonderful-ness of having Big Mark and the Wendy pay all my bills is greattttly missed. While the mortgage, utility bill, cell bill, satelite bill, and car insurance isn't so bad, my medical bills are killlling me (which is quite ironic if you think hard about it).
I am having knee surgery next Monday (so definitley expect LOTS of posts while I am glued to the couch) and I was certainly not prepared for the ridiculous amount of money it would cost Josh and I for my knee to be fixed. Instead of the surgery being the expensive part, it's been the prep. for the surgery that had cost us an arm and a leg (or at least an arm and a knee, yes I really just did that). While it is only going to cost us about $400 for the actual surgeon, an MRI of my left leg cost $600!! Someone please explain to me how it cost more for a person to punch a button and send me through an insanely loud machine than it does to have someone expertly slice my leg open, smooth out the back of my kneecap, realign my kneecap and repair my miniscus?!!? I mean that $600 could have gone to a much more useful purchase such as a precious new Coach bag in the beautiful "Poppy" collection, or 2 1/2 pairs of Rock and Republic jeans. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment