Tuesday, September 22, 2009

For better or worse, for richer or poorer, and in sickness and in health

Never did I think that the poorer, worse, and sickness would take up the majority of my and Josh's first couple of months of marriage. My knee surgery left us not only in crazy medical bill debt and obviously more worse than better, but it also left Josh with all of my "wife" responsibilities. I have had many a pity party over the fact that while I could cook for Josh for awhile before my knee totally took a turn for the worse in July, most of our married life has consisted of him cleaning, getting things for me, taking out the dog in the middle of the night, helping me in and out of the car, and cooking. I can hardly stand that he has to do everything but luckily that time is coming to a close because as of Wednesday, September 23rd I will officialy be able to walk again! So ready to do the things I have wanted to get done since we returned from our honeymoon. I need to frame my bridal portrait, rearrange the spare bedroom, frame wedding pictures, hang them on the wall, and a million other things. It will feel nice to finally be a normal newlywed and be able to enjoy life together instead of the responsibilities being so one-sided. I am so thankful that God picked Josh for me and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband (who I can see slowly getting fed-up with having to wait on me).

No comments:

Post a Comment