Sunday, November 16, 2014

He's Here!

Brody Scott Edmondson arrived Thursday, November 13!

With my BP climbing and the possibility of preeclampsia rearing its ugly head again, the doctors decided after my appointment Thursday morning (and after discovering via ultrasound that homie was weighing well over 8 lbs) that being induced was the safest route. Since I knew Brody was going to be safe and ready to come out, and that my absolute favorite doctor was on call, I was definitely on board.

I waited around for Josh to get to Greenville (since he hadn't gone to my appointment with me, thinking it was going to be awhile before they let me know results from my lab work) then we headed to the hospital around 10:30am.



After starting pitocin and having my water broken, I hit 10cm fairly quickly around 5 p.m. and with just a few pushes, Brody arrived at 5:11 with a head full of strawberry blonde hair!





He had a little bit of a dramatic entrance with the cord around his neck (which Dr. Taft whipped off quickly with no issues) and him inhaling some meconium in the womb (that resulted in him just getting a few puffs of oxygen and a consult with some NICU folks), but other than that, all was fine! He weighed 8 lbs and 14 oz and was 20 inches long.


Sawyer came to meet him in the hospital and wasn't too impressed. His first comment to me was, "why is your belly still fat mommy?". He did give him a quick kiss and was happy to see they had the same hair color.




We ended up staying only one night since our labs were looking good so we came on home Friday evening!



Now we are learning how to be a family of four and re-learning how to be parents to a newborn again (we're a little rusty).

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! Glad to hear you had a safe and easy delivery. He is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawyer's comment...gotta love kids, right? They keep it real. So, so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! So exciting! Congratulations! He's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! I'm glad he is here safe and sound :) Haha gotta love three year olds and their lack of filter! That last picture eek little baby!!

    ReplyDelete