Friday, November 27, 2009

Money may not buy happiness, but it sure helps

I've always been a thrifty shopper and someone who usually thinks long and hard before buying myself something, mainly because I have always had to be. I have always worked and NEVER had anything handed to me. I was blessed by parents who thankfully paid my car payment & insurance, but as far as things I wanted other than that.. I was left on my own.
I thank God that Big Mark & the Wendy made work for gas money and other things I may want and I can't stand to see someone else just get a new car for no reason or be given a brand new house to live in when they get married.. but that's a totally different subject that I don't want to get started on.
Everyone hears that money can't buy happiness, but I have to say that it sure does help. With my new job, I have had to learn a whole new way of spending. No longer are Josh and I cutting back because we want to, we are now cutting back because we have no choice. We aren't even really cutting back, we're not even doing ANYTHING. Every penny we make goes to pay bills, our mortgage, and buy groceries. We don't go to the movies, go out to eat, or drive farther than we need to so we don't waste gas. It isn't a fun way to live, and I think it's going to have to change.
We have no idea how christmas presents are going to be purchased and we have even less of an idea of how we are going to afford the heating bill when it starts to get REALLY cold.
So... I think I'm going to have to start the job search again and I'm really not looking forward to it.
I was so happy when I get my new job and I really enjoy writing, but the amount I'm getting paid really doesn't compare with the amount of work I'm doing and it just isn't enough for us to live. I am all for stretching a dollar, but when I am trying to make an inch stretch to 4 miles, it just isn't happening.
I really don't want to take a job not in my field, because the last thing I need is a useless job that has nothing to do with writing or publishing that doesn't teach me anything that can be useful in a career in writing, but there is just NOTHING out there in my field.
So, please be in prayer for Josh and I as we start this journey once again. I have no idea what the christmas season has in store, but I am hoping Santa drops a career down our chimney.

No comments:

Post a Comment