Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shoulda been a flapper

I have come to the conclusion that I should have been born a wealthy heiress in the 1920s. I love Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald, I DIE for fringe and sequins and 20s-esque fashion and I could probably quote you the entire book "The Great Gatsby". I dream about being a free spirit in the 20s, dancing the night away at a giant party that ends with fireworks and everyone falling asleep on the grassy lawn of a spacious estate. I imagine wearing a feather in my hair, stockings and short dresses that are heavy with dripping with adornments.
But instead, I was born in 1987. Time of the acid wash jeans, scrunchies, crimped hair, neon colors, L.A. Gear light up shoes, and some of the scariest shoulder pad situations I have ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. So Lauren, I am totally not a stalker (well okay, a lil!) but I saw the link to your blog on your page and I absolutely LOVE this!!!! I love the blog itself, but this entry especially! I FEEL THE SAME EXACT WAY!!! From reading a few of these entries, you are an AMAZING writer! I am so intrigued, partly because I am your friend and take interest into what your thoughts are and partly because you write so eloquently!! I mean jesh! :) Anyways, I just thought I would share that with you, Lar*Star!!! And you really did take the thoughts right out of my head with this one! Love you sweets! (PS-so NOT a writer/grammar buff-please don't hold me accountable ;])

    ReplyDelete