Wednesday, May 2, 2012

HELP, fash emergency

I interrupt my scheduled post about day 4 of my trip because of a fashion emergency.

Okay, well that may be a little bit of an over-statement because I have like a week and a half still, but I really do have a sort-of emergency. We are going to see the amazing Zac Brown in concert next weekend at the Time Warner Cable Music Pavillion at Walnut Creek (shout-out to the amazing Sarah for helping me out with my ticket situation) and I have NOTHING to wear.

love these guys
Okay, the whole "nothing to wear" may be a slight exaggeration too, but I kinda already bought two dresses, but I can't decide if I like either one of them.


I usually like to wear a dress to concerts that are outside because they are MUCH cooler than a pair of jeans or t-shirt and since I'm sure I'll be dancing up a storm I definitely need to not be hot. However, I don't want to be dressy either and they cannot be too short since we'll be sitting on the ground and I don't want to give away all my secrets.

I got the two below from Target & Urbanog but I've got a few issues.
Mossimo Women's Elastic Waist Dress w/ Ruffle Cascade at Target
This dress is really cute and I like the print, and would LOVE to pull it off with a cute gold belt and my gold Jack Rogers (I can't pull off the cowgirl boots, trust me I've tried) but it is a little hot since it's polyester. Not to mention it is borderline too short.

"Geo Daydream" dress at Urbanog (on sale for $15.70!)

I got this awesome dress on sale at Urbanog and while it is precious, it is also a little bare up top. I will have my jean jacket but I once again don't want to be hot and wearing a jacket = too hot. 

I really wanted a soft floral dress or a lacy dress that is a-line (and not too dressy) to wear, but couldn't find any under $50. So here is where you come in. Have you seen any dresses that would be great for an outdoor concert in 90 degree weather? 

Stipulations:
not TOO short (like 33" long from shoulder to hem or longer)

no 3/4 sleeves, short sleeves or shorter, but as the same time not too bare

nothing strapless, can NOT be dealing with that possible dilemma

nothing made from chiffon


nothing straight, like a shift (helllooo hips)

please help!





5 comments:

  1. yay! I'll be working but you'll have to text me so I can come say hi!! Check out Francesca's they always have cute dresses and usually aren't that pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My suggestion is always Target! They had so many cute dresses last time I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second one. have checked Target as they have several cute options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a lovely dress! I like this post so much!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a $100 gift voucher on Urban Outfitters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have an H&M near you? I was just there the other day and they have some great dresses!

    ReplyDelete