Tuesday, June 10, 2014

HHI 2014

I've posted about Hilton Head Island, SC in the past and about how my family has vacationed there since I was small and I am so happy that we got to spend another week there last week. Even though it is a nice 6 hour haul from our house, it still feels like coming home every time we turn into Shipyard Plantation.

so much excitement on the car ride there between watching DVD's, taking naps and me getting to actually read a book!

This year was one for the books because my little sister, Deanna and her boyfriend John got engaged!!


John and Dee went for a bike ride on the beach and he popped the question while they were there! They've been dating for six years and John truly feels like he has always been part of our family, so we are thrilled that they will be married June 6, 2015 in the NC mountains!


(top to bottom) Dee's ring, mama's ring and mine 
I can hardly wait to plan the wedding (which, let's be honest, I've already been doing for awhile) and have fun celebrating with our families.
getting a head start by watching "Say Yes to the Dress"

The whole trip was wonderful. We enjoyed the beach, splashing (and laying by) the pool, playing Frisbee, and generally just ignoring emails and work calls while we relaxed with our family.





Sawyer loved having so many people around to play with, especially since my daddy has finally recovered enough from his back surgery to really get on the floor and play again (even if he still can't hold or pick up Sawyer).
"exploring" with Sawyer's pirate telescopes
Sawyer's other favorite activity was not only playing in the sand and digging giant holes, but also attempting to bury us in the sand too.







we realized on Tuesday that every one of us was wearing an ECU hat on the beach haha
We mostly ate at the house and Josh and John made seafood boil on Tuesday night that was amazing, Mema Dean even enjoyed it.


I am so glad we were able to travel and enjoy a week-long vacation with my family and made so many memories together while we were there!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister!!! How exciting that next year you'll have an another kid to tow down there :) I've never been but have always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete