I am a natural worry wart.
Since I enjoy being in
control of a situation and I am more than a little OCD about organization and making plans, when I can’t
predict the outcome of a situation or when there’s no way to plan for what’s
ahead, I PANIC.
My biggest worry lately is
how we are going to pay for this 18 week nugget that I’m currently cooking.
While Josh and I both have
jobs we enjoy, our salaries are just enough to pay our bills, allow for the
occasional restaurant meal, and have about $10 left over at the end of the
month.
Lately, things have been
stretched a little thin with a few surprise expenses, a recent vacation with my
family and a new payment plan at my OB (our hospital requires that baby E’s
delivery be paid for before he is born).
With the thought of another
daycare payment around next January (btw, we still have no idea where homie is going
to stay when I go back to work), Sawyer’s upcoming monthly preschool cost
coming in August and the endless amount of diapers to be purchased soon is
giving me more than a little anxiety.
So, while we have already set
a “save more money” plan in motion, I have also decided it’s time to let go of
some designer clothes and my treasured Lilly Pulitzer comforter set from our
guest bedroom (since it now has no bed to go on with that room becoming
the nursery).
Stay tuned for a big blog
sale featuring said comforter, some Lilly dresses, and some of my favorite designer jeans featuring brands such as 7FAM, Hudson & Joe's.
With all that said, I am also thankful that my
dad (also my Sunday school teacher) just started a new lesson series with DavidJeremiah’s, “Christians Have Stress Too” study plan. While the book does indeed
cover how we as Christians can be stressed just like anyone else, it also talks
about how we should rely on the “peace of God, which transcends all
understanding” (Philippians 4:7). You should totally check it out.



I hear you :( We've had to be SO frugal in order to try and see what it's like to live off one income. The good news is that I've found that by curbing shopping, if I don't impulse buy, I'll wait and in about a week, I'm over it. Hopefully the blog sale will help put some change back in your pocket!
ReplyDeleteThat study sounds amazing.
ReplyDeleteI know this is unrelated to your post (I hear you on the money worries)--but you are the cutest pregnant lady ever. Seriously. You are just so dang adorable.
ReplyDelete