Wednesday, June 11, 2014

this time and last time

With my second pregnancy I have noticed so many things have been different. Since I have already been through it once I thought I would surely be used to the side effects, cravings, extreme tired-ness and general pregnant feeling. I was wrong.

1. The number one difference between my pregnancy with Sawyer and this little nugget was how quick I started to show. At about 12 weeks I was already starting to show, to the point that I am glad we went ahead and told people because I wasn't going to be able to hide it much longer. Not only have I started actually looking pregnant sooner, but I also look different. My bump isn't just confined to my lower abdomen, instead it spreads across my whole belly.

blurry bump pic last week at 16 weeks

2. With Sawyer, I was hungry all the time (once I got past the first 12 weeks of nausea) but now I have a ton of food aversions (sadly). I try to snack on fruit, veggies and crunchy stuff like Pringles and pretzels throughout the day between meals because if I let myself get too hungry before a meal I just cannot eat it. It's like I am starving but not a single food appeals to me. So far, despite the belly, I have actually lost weight instead of gaining - but I have a feeling that will change soon.

3. I have craved juicy fruits like watermelon, peaches and plums while my first pregnancy cravings centered around sugary snacks like gummy worms, peach rings and skittles. I have also been absolutely dying for sushi, like I almost cried about it a couple of nights ago I wanted it so bad (#firstworldproblems, #pathetic). I finally called my OB and said "what do you really think about sushi?" to which he responded, "pretty much anything is okay in moderation if you try to eat the cooked variety such as crab or shrimp and if you have to go raw, go for salmon". Thank god.

sushi: demolished

4. I have had major baby brain. The other day I had to go to the bathroom before leaving the house and had my keys in my hand. When I finished, I turned around and pointed my keys at the toilet and hit the button in attempts to flush the commode that way. Geez.


Other than that, things have been great, we are super excited that we are having another little boy and we're so pumped for Sawyer to be a big brother.

3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic!! Also, how much does it suck when you get soooo hungry and then you get food and you're like, NOPE nevermind. Infuriating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, my gosh. The keys/commode thing is something I would do now and I'm NOT pregnant! Sorry about the aversions, love :( But YAY for sushi!!

    ReplyDelete