Friday, February 4, 2011

Recipe Week: #5 the Wendy's crab dip

If you've attended a small gathering where either I am a guest who brings food or a hostess, you've probably eaten my mother (the Wendy)'s crab dip. 
I have this recipe DOWN PAT and it is so delish (even though I have to take Benadryl before making or eating it because I am slightly allergic to crab). 
So, for my final recipe I give you the Wendy's Crab Dip - easy to make, yummy to eat and perfect for small parties, showers or any event where food is a necessity (so basically any event). 

Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese
3 Tbsp. Mayonaisse
3 Tbsp. cocktail sauce
1 can of crab meat
3 scallion onions (the green, stalky kind)

Directions:
1. Go ahead and set the cream cheese out on the kitchen counter so it will be softening up
2. Meanwhile, open can of crab meat then drain it and pick out the cartilage.
3. Chop up green onions into little pieces
4. Combine crab meat, onions, mayo, cocktail sauce and cream cheese.
5. Blend until it has a thick but smooth look and all the cream cheese is blended into rest of ingredients (should now have a pale pink color)
6. Serve with Ritz crackers and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. this recipe sounds awesome! I might have to try it this weekend for our super bowl party! and the crab picture is toooo cute! have great weekend girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete