Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Questions

I saw this quiz on several blogger's posts yesterday (including Rebekah @ Life with the Edwards & Katie @ Keep Calm & Carry On) and it looked fun, so here we go :)

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?  Oh, of course hot chocolate. I am not about the nasty shizz that is eggnog. bleh.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?  we had both. a few things wrapped and a few that sat in our designated spots (the chair furthest from the door was mine and the closet to the door was Dee's)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  white. I'm kind of a snob when it comes to Christmas lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?  never have, we don't have a tree near us or anything. besides we don't need a plant to tell us when to make out ;)

5.  When do you put decorations up?  the day after Thanksgiving usually.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?  I love breakfast casserole. i realize you can eat it any time but I just associate it with Christmas morning

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?  My favorite holiday memory is when we all used to cram in my Mammy's house on Christmas morning for a feast. There were so many of us in the little house (that now belongs to Josh and me) but it just felt right. 

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  To what truth are you referring? Homey still visits me.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  Yes, we used to always open two presents, one was pajamas every year (so we would be styling and matching in the next morning's video and pics). Now, me and Josh usually exchange gifts on Christmas Eve since we don't time on Christmas morning.

10.  How do you decorate your tree?  White lights (obvi) and all kinds of ornaments.

11. Snow!  Love it or dread it?  hate. I have been in TWO wrecks in the snow. If I can go somewhere and just stay at home I am all about it but if I have to be out and about? forget it.

12. Can you ice skate?  I've only been like twice, so no, not really.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  I got Barbie's Dream House one year and played with that thing FOREVER. It was boss.



14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?  All the time I get to spend with my family. 

15.What is your favorite holiday dessert?  Mema Dean's homemade chocolate pudding with whipped cream. delish.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  the Wallace gathering at Josh's Aunt Becky's it is hilarious and that family is crazy.

17. What tops your tree?  A glittery, silver star that I got at my Christmas bridal shower.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?  I like both, but I love picking out gifts for people.

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?  Yum. Especially the flavored ones like the Spree or Starburst kind.

20. Favorite Christmas show?  I love Bing Crosby's White Christmas but Christmas Vacation is also wonderful.



21. Saddest Christmas song?  Christmas Shoes.  

22. What's your favorite Christmas song?  Welcome to Our World, Breath of Heaven & Mary, Did You Know are my absolute faves.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy your answer to #16. Yes, we're crazy...but only in the good way, right?! Sad I'm missing it this year...it's truly my favorite holiday tradition as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could care less about Santa on Christmas morning... Just give me my Wallace Christmas Eve and I'll be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa still visits me too. The Barbie house looks like the one a friend posted that took him all day to put together for their 3 year old. I can't wait to hear all about Sawyer's first Christmas

    ReplyDelete