Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I made a mistake.

I've made a giant mistake. 

I've started watching the first couple of seasons of Game of Thrones. 

.... and now I am addicted. 


I have never had any desire to watch the show before even though I'd heard about how amazing and in depth the story line is and how it was full of twists and turns, and yes lots of sexy stuff mixed in with some fighting and gore. I was like "meh, I am already way too committed to other shows". 

Well, two weeks ago I was home struggling with some of the worst all-day nausea I've ever experienced and thought, "hey, maybe I'll watch a few episodes online" and then I laid on the couch for 6 hours doing nothing but that. And now I can't stop. I watch it on my iPad in the mornings while I get ready, I watch it while I'm on the elliptical at the gym (as long as no one is behind me because man is it NSFW) and I watch it while I wash dishes or clean the kitchen.

I've gotten almost to the end of season two now and I have fallen monumentally in love with one character in particular,  Daenerys Targaryen, a fierce female and a major HBIC. There are a TON of strong female roles in the show and I love that women are leaders, each in their own way, throughout the series.


... I'm also kind of in love with her man, Kahl Drogo (Jason Momoa). Hey boy hey.

Anyone else a little obsessed with Game of Thrones? Am I the only one that was late to board this train?

4 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about it but I still refuse to watch it. South Park did an amazing trilogy linking Game of Thrones to Black Friday and it's so spot on. You should watch it when you get a chance. I have heard it is seriously raunchy too though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter started the reading books and kept telling me how good it was. I tried reading the first book but kept getting confused with all the characters. He got Season 1 for Christmas so I finally watched and oh my gosh. It's SO good!!! Way better than I thought. I'm looking to steal the second season from my mom so I can keep watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone keeps telling us to watch this show - that we (especially Robbie) will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it too! Joe and I started watching it last year and bought HBO just to keep up with the series. I am a huge fan of Daenerys as well. My theory is that I will continue to like her until she finally makes it across the sea to the other characters. Then I will have to choose between her and the Stark family. That will be a tough choice! Let me know what you think once you get to the end of season 3.

    ReplyDelete