Tuesday, June 22, 2010

yes, I'm aware of how much this makes me a dork

I really, really want to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando.
I've been stalking the Universal website all morning taking the "flying tour" of the theme park and viewing the different galleries.
I am not ashamed to say I have read every single book and watched all the movies. J.K. Rowling is an incredible writer and has such an imagination to invent all new creatures, talents and mixing Latin and other languages to make up spells and what-nots. It's hard enough to write a story and make others see what you mean with actual circumstances and situations based on real life, so I can't imagine how much creativity it took to develop the H.P. stories, I am truly in awe of her skills.
This theme park has so many things to offer.
You can visit Hogwarts, which looks so much like the movie version and how the book describes it, it's unreal.

Hogwarts


You can also visit Hogsmeade, the village from the novels, and shops from the books like Dervish & Banges & Olivanders. There's even a souvenir shop named "Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods".

Dervish & Bange's


Hogsmeade also has a restaurant like the book called Three Broomsticks

Three Broomsticks


The park offers several rides like Flight of the Hippogriff, Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey and the Dragon Challenge.

Flight of the Hippogriff


Whenever I visited Disney as a child, we always avoided Universal because of my irrational fear of sharks and all the Jaws posters that were everywhere, but despite my fear, I think I may have to take a trip down to Orlando and hang with my pal Harry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment