Monday, December 17, 2012

from the hospital bed of Sawyer Edmondson

It is 12:35am Monday morning and I am laying in a hospital bed with my son. My 22-month-old son. Who has had horrible diarrhea for the past two weeks. We returned to the emergency room today, yes the same one we visited last Sunday, for another round of fluids to fix my poor little dehydrated baby.  This "little viral thing" that was from Sawyer losing all his "good bacteria" was actually a thing called intussusception, which in regular people language means my big guy's little intesting had "telescoped" down into his larger intestine. Hence the stomach pain, crazy diapers and sick baby.

So, after hanging out in the emergency room for around 5 hours, getting fluid, collecting some samples from diapers, getting some x-rays and watching countless YouTube "Old McDonald" videos, we discovered that Sawyer needed a procedure that is kind of like an enema with air. They forced air up his little hiney and pushed his intestine back where it is supposed to be. 

So, be praying that the Sawbug stays okay, we'll be here for at least one more whole day for observation then hopefully on our way back home.

7 comments:

  1. I hope he starts feeling better and everything is okay! I'll be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I hope he is okay! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys! Hopefully the procedure helped and he starts feeling better, it's so hard to see little ones in so much pain. He seems like a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh I'm so sorry but sooo relieved that they found the cause. I hope he's much better and back to normal soon! Sending you and Sawyer hugs!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has to be so hard for you and the poor little guy. Hoping he is better and recovers soon and back home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little guy. I hope y'all made it home in time for Christmas

    ReplyDelete