![]() |
| some of my books on display (finally) |
My love affair with reading started with The Babysitter's Club.
![]() |
| via |
When I finished reading those and felt like I was "too old" for the babysitters club, I moved on to Ann M. Martin's next venture, "The California Diaries". These stories were a little more mature and were all about Dawn's friends in California. They dealt with issues like eating disorders and death and high school parties, in fact I remember passing around the book "Maggie" to my friends when we thought on of our friends had anorexia in 8th grade (she didn't).
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| Gossip Girl/The Au Pairs/Gingerbread/Georgia Nicholson/The Luxe Inside Girl/It Girl/The A-List |
I would pack an entire suitcase of books for vacation and spend ALL of my money on books before I even reached the vacation spot.
| via |
When I first got a Kindle I was terrified that I would miss the feel of a book in my hand or not enjoy reading on a screen instead of from a page, but my wonderful Kindle has been the best thing ever. No more having to find an open book store at 11pm to find the next book in a series because I just had to know what was going to happen next (yes, that has really happened before). Now, I just have to download the next book - if it's out yet otherwise I just suffer.
I now take my Kindle in my purse with me just about everywhere versus an entire suitcase full of books. Not to mention Kindle books are usually MUCH cheaper than the print versions.
For a complete list of great books I've read (and some not-so-great), you can always check out the Shelfari app at the bottom of my blog!
Read anything good lately?





OMG how dark were the California Diaries? I loved those. I loved how it was like "OMG WE'RE BABYSITTING" to "I'm throwing up every meal and my dad beats me"
ReplyDeleteI have been lusting over a kindle forever. I would love to be able to take it to the beach and not worry about pages blowing over the place :)
ReplyDeleteOmg i probably read every single one of the Baby-Sitters Club books!! I was obsessed.
ReplyDeleteI love your bookshelf. It looks perfectly inviting. I also love your collection of books. It looks very similar to my taste in reading :)
ReplyDeletemy kindle is my best friend. lol. and i was SO against ereaders at first!
ReplyDeleteI'm crazy about reading, too! Several years ago, I finally stopped buying books and started checking them out from the library to save some $$$. Now I own a Nook and I ask for Barnes & Noble gift cards for every major holiday. I still check "real" books out from the library in the summer so I don't spend so much on Nook books (and because I don't bring my Nook to the beach with all that sand!).
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love books. I've had to unfortunately donate some, I had too many and not enough room in my apt to put them.
ReplyDeleteWell I learned something today. I didn't know she wrote anything but the Babysitters Club
ReplyDeleteI had the same fear when i first got my kindle-- but I love it!
ReplyDeleteThe best book I've read recently is Silver Linings Playbook-- excellent! Now I'm reading The Art of Racing in the Rain-- good so far!