Monday, June 3, 2013

Pink, Whales & Chevron

I  hosted a baby shower for my best friend Hope (who is due July 7!) Sunday at the house!

It's so funny; we spent most of 2008-2011 at wedding showers, bachelorette parties and weddings then 2012-2013 has become the year of baby showers! I love that we get to be part of so many happy memories!

Here are a few pics from the day...

]

Josh actually surprised me by buying some pretty pink plants and potting them in my silver planters! They were perfect on the front steps of the house. 




I will never make another tissue paper garland thing, I don't have the patience for ripping tissue paper and cutting all those little lines, but they do look cute while hanging!
pink chevron ribbon & fabric and navy ribbon & fabric from Hobby Lobby

for the centerpieces, I just spray-painted 3 mason jars with silver Rustoleum spray paint then tied  them together with navy ribbon and made a white arrangement with pink and green accent flowers
I prepared too much food. pink sugar wafers dipped in chocolate, sugar cookies, crab dip, fruit salad, cheese ball, cake batter puppy chow, open-faced strawberry sandwiches & a veggie tray. Lots of leftovers!


I got some great pink & white straws from Ebay and just made some little flags with the whales & anchors to carry on the chevron & nautical theme
the Mama-to-Be,  isn't she a precious little preggo?
Hope & some of the ladies, I have on my "I've been smiling too long face" for some reason 

I saw a great pin on Pinterest (here) for a headband making station, so I decided I had to have one for the shower
gettin' crafty. (or well... waiting for the glue guns to heat up, oops!)
All in all, we had had a great day. Baby Ella (and Hope) got some precious things and we got to see some friends we don't get to see that often! 

7 comments:

  1. you did an amazing job! I love the theme of course and all the little touches! Love that diaper wreath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a cute shower!!! Love the mason jars and headband making stations! I have a feeling within the next two years all my friends will start getting married! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the whales and pink chevron :) Looks like such a nice shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is the cutest shower ever! Such a cute theme and you did an amazing job! Your friend is lucky to have you :) Also, LOVE that your honey bought some flowers for your planters. So thoughtful and they're the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the whales and chevron- so cute! Best wishes to Hope! You're a great hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have the cutest decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! And I love the headband making station-- I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete