Wednesday, May 28, 2014

confessions: I still play with paper dolls

I confess, I Lauren Edmondson, still play with dolls. Not just any dolls, digital paper dolls via Stardoll. I learned of this glorious site from one of Jen Lancaster's books in '09 and have been addicted ever since.

In case you've never heard of it, you can visit Stardoll.com and play all kinds of things such as dress up games for celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence or creating little scenes with different decor and outfits and "models" and such. You can also design your own clothes and jewelry. Best part is that you don't even have to pay for anything (unless you want more star dollars to buy clothes and decorations for your "suite") nor do you have to actually interact with anyone else on the site (which I don't, that would be creepy considering all the other users are probably tweens).


Yep, that's me and my girls Bey and Blake hanging out at Bey's chateau.

check my awesome jewelry design skills.
I realize this is super strange, especially seeing that I am a 26-year-old woman, not a 10 year old little girl. But when work is stressful or even if I just want to do something creative on my lunch break, it is a nice little outlet.

My stardoll (pictured below, can't you see the resemblance?)  has no worries, a closet full of fabulous clothes, a mighty nice four-room villa complete with a Moroccan-inspired bedroom and I can change her hair color, tan or mouth shape on a whim, free of charge.



Go check it out, it isn't as strange as it sounds!

btw, this post was by no means sponsored by Stardoll, I just wanted someone else to be as weird as me...

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah this reminds me of the Barbie CD-Rom I had for the computer back in the day that let you create fashion designs and a runway. You're never too old IMO. Remember fashion plates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Lauren I play Stardoll sometimes too! It's just sort of soothing and nice to look at. I get it :)

    ReplyDelete