Thursday, July 3, 2014

halfway there

Since I have not posted regular baby bump pics, or talked much about being pregnant in general, I thought I'd celebrate the half-way mark with an update! First of all, finding a time where I can get Joshua to take a pic of me without Sawyer hanging on one of us or the background of the picture not being a messy room is borderline impossible, so I apologize in advance for the work bathroom selfie. I am super jealous of all the cute bump pics I see other people posting though! Second of all, yes my hair is that ratchet at work today.




How far along:  20 weeks, halfway there (ohhh, living on a prayer)

Baby size: apparently the length of a banana according to my pregnancy center app. Sawyer has loved asking me "what fruit is Rocky this week?!" yes, he still insists on calling him Rocky even though that is not going to be his name

Weight gain: I'm actually still down 6 pounds from my pre-preg weight, mainly because I have just started eating healthier, drinking more water, and been turned off by lots of my usual favorite foods. Last pregnancy around this time I was a good 15 to 20 lbs heavier so I predict the "eat all the foods" feeling will return soon.

Stretch marks: Oh yes. However, I can't tell if they're leftover from having Sawyer or if they're new. Btw, what a rude question.

Sleep: Not bad, getting comfortable is a little difficult but once I get there I am out. Except for the 3 to 4 bathroom trips during the night

Gender: Another little boy!

Movement: Baby E is a little wiggle worm, I love the little flutters and kicks and can't wait until Josh and Sawyer can feel them. He is super low right now so some of those kicks are uncomfortable, but happy to feel them none the less!

Best moment this week: Not really this week but, I had a little scare last Saturday night with a horrible gaul bladder attack that left me breathless and in tears with pain radiating from between my shoulder blades down my side to under my ribs, and I was terrified. I had never had any kind of GB pain before, but my family has a lovely history of gaul stones & GB removals on both sides so at least they knew what was going on (not to mention it helps having a PA dad and a pharmacist mom). I was thankfully at my parents' house eating dinner when it happened, and I am so, so, so glad I wasn't home alone. You might be asking yourself, "why is this a best moment?". Well in the midst of that pain I was praying so hard and just talking to God saying "please just let this be me in pain and it have nothing to do with this baby" and Baby E kicked me good and hard right as I was praying as if to say I'm good in here mom, no worries. 

Looking forward to: a relaxing 4th of July weekend and some extra sleep!

Food cravings: juicy fruits like watermelon, peaches, plums and etc. and CEREAL, it doesn't matter if it is plain Rice Chex or Apple Jack's, I want it.

Weirdest food I ate this week: probably a quesadilla and a soft taco from Taco Bell yesterday, I knew I didn't need it since I am trying to watch the fat grams and spiciness in attempts to avoid that GB pain again, but all I could think about was how good Taco Bell would be (a place where I hardly ever eat).

Anything making you queasy or sick: getting hungry. if I let myself get too hungry, I just can't eat from the nausea and settle for some toast. I am also still having a lot of random food aversions.

What I miss: Being able to run and play on the floor with Sawyer. He is such a wild child that he tends to forget I am a little more fragile and slow than I would usually would be.

Symptoms: Still super tired and having a bunch of food aversions, but no complaints otherwise!

Workouts: lolz

Things that suck: My hemoglobin has been pretty low leaving me anemic and super lethargic and exhausted feeling. Monday I came home from work around 11am because I had been just staring at the same screen for 45 minutes without actually doing anything and I realized I was definitely not being productive and I needed to go home. I walked in the door, fell asleep around 12ish and didn't wake up until after 4pm. While the nap didn't suck, the fact that I woke up still sleepy did.

Things that don't suck: Still no signs of preeclampsia! My BP has been great and no real, fluid-related swelling so far! Praise the Lord!

In other baby news, I finally ordered the fabric to recover Sawyer's crib bumper and skirt with! I really couldn't find a bedding set I liked, so after fretting over just picking one I didn't like, I decided I could easily recover Sawyer's old bedding (except the quilt part and curtains) to something I like. Since we use a lot of Sawyer's nursery decor in his "big boy room", I will just have to make my own curtains (aka, cover over some pre-existing blackout curtains) and recover a lamp to match.

We are going with a car, truck, construction kind of theme and I am so happy with the Jill McDonald "On Track - Metropolis" fabric I got for the curtains and dust ruffle (and probably a lamp shade and canvas) and the Ruff N Tuff "Tic Tacs" tire track fabric and Premiere Prints "Canopy Stripe" fabric to coordinate and make the bumper, a pillow for the rocking chair, and to cover some baskets with! Now I just need a solid green fabric to match and coordinate for some other items!


2 comments:

  1. Yikes about the gallbladder stuff! I can't imagine that was fun to deal with...glad you're okay. Also, I am right there with you on workouts. Hardy har.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halfway there?! Holy cow...it's flying! Also, your hair does not look ratchet.

    ReplyDelete