Monday, January 26, 2015

a decade.

On Jan. 24, 2005, Josh and I officially started dating. That was ten years (and 2 days) ago which means we have been together for a decade.


I really struggled as I tried to think of things to post about our relationship or about the years we've spent together. I've already done a post about what makes us work (here), all the changes that have happened since we got engaged almost 8 years ago (here), the first time Josh asked me out (here), and the awkward first I love you (here), so I didn't know what to write about.

Therefore, I decided on a "newlywed" type game to see if maybe after 10 years of being together we could answer a bunch of questions correctly.

I made Josh answer a set of questions with his answers and than again with the answers he thought I would give. Then I did the same thing. I was pretty surprised at how many we got wrong haha.

So here is how Josh answered the questions about himself (in blue) and how I thought he'd answer them about himself (in red), along with my comments in italics. 

Josh:
  1. Between you and your spouse who is the “spender” and who is the “saver” when it comes to money? Lar the spender; Me the saver // I'm the spender, Josh is saver this is true, but I must admit that he is pretty compulsive sometimes and buys random big stuff like the giant beanbag chair

  2. Who is your biggest celebrity crush? Miranda Lambert // Kate Upton oops.

  3. What is your favorite food? Steak // That sausage and lima bean thing you keep talking about that your grandma makes I should have known this.

  4. When you have free time, what do you do? Watch TV // Mess around in the yard well that too...

  5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? An architect  // A weatherman wow I swear he told me he wanted to be a weatherman and we talked about how he always watched the weather channel, weirdo.

  6. What is your most irritating habit? Spitting // Leaving cups EVERYWHERE oh my gosh, yes spitting is much worse but I didn't that he would agree

  7. Other than your wedding day or birth of your child, what one day of your marriage would you most like to experience again? Zip-lining on our honeymoon // Our honeymoon take me back please

  8. What percentage of the housework would you say that you do? 30% // 50% ha, this surprises me because I thought he'd think he does more than he actually does.

  9. Who is more addicted to social media between you and your spouse? Lauren // Lauren guilty as charged

  10. What is your favorite fast food restaurant? BoJangles // BoJangles 
Geez, only 4/10 for me, crap. 

Here is how I answered the questions about myself (in red) and how Josh thought I'd answer them about myself (in blue), along with my comments in italics. He did WAY better than I did, crap.

Lauren:
  1. Between you and your spouse who is the “spender” and who is the “saver” when it comes to money? I'm the spender, Josh is saver // Lar the spender; Me the saver we both know it.|

  2. Who is your biggest celebrity crush? Right now Charlie Hunnam // I know he is dead but Paul Walker I enjoy him too...

  3. What is your favorite food? Sushi from Wasabi 88 // Sushi

  4. When you have free time, what do you do? Read  // Read

  5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A writer // A writer why is he doing so much better at this than I did?!

  6. What is your most irritating habit? Not sitting still  // being OCD okay this kind of the same thing, he gets on me all the time about how I can't just SIT DOWN I have to be up cleaning something or picking up toys

  7. Other than your wedding day or birth of your child, what one day of your marriage would you most like to experience again? Any day from our honeymoon // Grove Park Inn Spa yes that too, but the honeymoon was so much better

  8. What percentage of the housework would you say that you do? 80% // 70%  ha.

  9. Who is more addicted to social media between you and your spouse? Me  // Lar

  10. What is your favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy’s // Wendy's I do love their chili and salads!


Josh managed to get 7 (I'm counting the OCD thing) right.

Maybe in ten more years we'll be able to get them all correct?

1 comment:

  1. Happy 10 years!! Haha well just more to learn in the next 10 years - got to keep it interesting!! :)

    ReplyDelete