Friday, July 16, 2010

Fashionable Friday: Classy Charlotte, Excellent Events

While I was at the NSPRA conference, we had several events to attend from lunches to upscale dinners and cocktail hours.
Out of all the places we visited (most of which were located in the Epicentre) my favorites were Howl at the Moon and Suite.
One of our vendors sponsored an "after party" at Howl at the Moon, which is a dueling piano bar in the Epicentre in Charlotte. Not only do the musicians rock out great songs on the piano, but also on other instruments. They take suggestions, can play just about anything and make sure everyone in the audience is having a good time. I also loved the mirrored wall behind the musicians where patrons could pay to have various sayings written in window paint. You had to one up the last amount paid to get your saying written. There were things like "here's to being positive, and testing negative" or "NSPRA in Ohio, 2014" and so forth. It was a great time and I enjoyed singing "Piano Man", "I Love Rock-n-Roll", and "Ice Ice Baby" at the top of my lungs with the other NSPRA members. It was such a cool atmosphere with its two bars, tall tables and the pianos taking center stage at the front of the room.


Suite was much more swanky. The Southeast Region NSPRA sponsored the event and fed everyone shrimp & grits, barbecue and other Southern food before we all enjoyed dancing. The club had a great dance floor surrounded by cushioned benches against the walls and an amazing outdoor area. The area outside had cabanas, rattan furniture and a separate drink station. I wish I had pictures of it, but there website is right-click protected :( I really suggest visited these fashionable venues for any sort of event!

No comments:

Post a Comment