Monday, July 5, 2010

the final weddings

The next wedding I should have attended was Lindsey, my college roommate's on September 5th in Hillsborough. Sadly, my knee was fresh out of surgery and I was still on crutches/in lots of pain. I still get teary-eyed when I think about missing out on her special day, especially since her and Billy made the trip to Macclesfield for mine.
My beautiful roomie & her hubby

Lindsey is model thin and model tall, so I knew she would be beyond gorgeous with her long thick hair in an up-do and wearing a slim white dress.


Wedding #7
The last wedding we attended happened April 24, 2010. So we had a nice break for my knee to heal and for us to rest after hopping around to so many joyous occasions. My other college roommate, Lauren "LP" Payne married Josh's college roommate Ryan Briggs in the OBX, where LP is from. We spent a great weekend at the beach at two beach houses side-by-side with all their friends and some of ours too. The nights leading up to the big day were more like a giant party than a wedding weekend. Ryan and LP's friends are hard core when it comes to partying, so us Edgecombe County people and two of our tailgate friends from WF kind of hung by ourselves.
There was a bridal luncheon on Friday while the boys went to play golf and a great rehearsal dinner at Basnight's that evening followed by a semi-wild shindig later that night. Saturday was great and despite everyone's heavy partying the night before and a little bit of rain, it was a peaceful, beautiful wedding. The reception was wonderful with great music, an open bar and lots and lots of dancing. Josh and I got to show off our shagging (we had just finished lessons that week before) and the last song of the night was "Don't Stop Believing" which our group has always sang together. It was a great wedding and a wonderful way to end the season.



Hope & I, the Edge. County bridesmaids (don't you just die for our dresses?)


Singing Journey at the top of our lungs


A shot of Josh & I, captured by Michelle, that perfectly describes our relationship

No comments:

Post a Comment