On August 1, my cousin Carla got married when my knee was feeling its worst.
Carla and Bryan were married at our church and their reception was at the country club. I was on crutches throughout the weeks between our weddings, but being her matron of honor meant I HAD to make a trip down that aisle SANS crutches and hold her flowers, fix her train and what-not. No matter what.
And she had PLENTY of train to fix. Even though Carla is not super-girly, her dress was SO fancy. It was satin and had beautiful detailing and pleating around the waist. However, all that satin was incredibly heavy.
So I did the ugliest bridesmaid walk known to man (a mix between a pimp-walk & a hunchback) and was thankful that the groom is a policeman so all his groomsmen were strong men in blue. I've heard the wedding video brings lots of laughs when I begin my journey down the aisle.
Carla looked beautiful and her reception was great, or what I saw of it from my seat. The sight of her dancing with her daddy (my uncle, who is usually very un-emotional and stern) brought tears to my eyes.
Trying to get Carla situated in her giant slip

Me, Mema Dean and my sister Dee

The bridal party.
Carla and Bryan were married at our church and their reception was at the country club. I was on crutches throughout the weeks between our weddings, but being her matron of honor meant I HAD to make a trip down that aisle SANS crutches and hold her flowers, fix her train and what-not. No matter what.
And she had PLENTY of train to fix. Even though Carla is not super-girly, her dress was SO fancy. It was satin and had beautiful detailing and pleating around the waist. However, all that satin was incredibly heavy.
So I did the ugliest bridesmaid walk known to man (a mix between a pimp-walk & a hunchback) and was thankful that the groom is a policeman so all his groomsmen were strong men in blue. I've heard the wedding video brings lots of laughs when I begin my journey down the aisle.
Carla looked beautiful and her reception was great, or what I saw of it from my seat. The sight of her dancing with her daddy (my uncle, who is usually very un-emotional and stern) brought tears to my eyes.
Trying to get Carla situated in her giant slip

Me, Mema Dean and my sister Dee

The bridal party.
No comments:
Post a Comment