Friday, April 6, 2012

The Nail Files & Gettin' down on the farm

First off, I am linkin up with Tara @ Fabulous but Evil for The Nail Files


The Nail Files

I had a little indecisive moment about my nails on Monday (when I was laid up with my stupid ankle and had nothing else to do). 
First I painted my nails like this:
I used Pure Ice "First Love" and "Spit Fire" - only $1.99 from Walmart!
but I felt like they looked a little too "pretty, pretty princess" for me (and for Europe) so I changed it up a little. 

my favorite "Fearless Fog" by Sally Hansen with the Pure Ice "Spit Fire" on the tips
 I think it's a little edgier and I like the way the pink sparkles bring out the purple hues of the "fog".



Now, on to fun pictures from our day at the farm, you know before I tried to ruin my trip

We visited Rest-A-Bit Farm Sunday afternoon for a picnic with Josh's family's church and their sister church. Sawyer LOVED it, the place has tons of activities including a basketball court, soccer field, zip-line, Putt-Putt and play ground. It was a great time (for the small amount of time I was there thanks to my lovely injury).
lovely lake
yep, that's a little Putt Putt area
Sawyer was obsessed with this fountain and waterfall area
he kept pointing...
...and pointing
then trying to get down and go to it
...then spazzing out when we wouldn't let him get in the water
but he got happy again when he found all the balls
future baller ;)


a bunch of the older church members took the tram to look at the property
so of course Sawyer climbed up with Josh's grandparents to ride too
the younger folks and Coda, the white lab road in a hay bale truck.
and of course Josh couldn't let his son show him up with his basketball skills

 

Also, please be praying for me as I board the plane to Europe on Sunday, and for all of my fellow travelers.

7 comments:

  1. Oohhh I love your second mani! Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i do love the fog one with a little glitter on the tips... not too much glitter, just enough! :) love the family photostoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your ankle :( I like the second nail look better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second nail look is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the gray nails with the glitter tops so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete